Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Still pretty hot... but not as hot as 604!

I've been hearing a lot of "oh, we're going to hit 40 degrees Celsius" from back home! That's crazy! hahaha.... In Kaohsiung we're still hovering about 30-32 degrees... and with humidity, of course! But the rain is pretty crazy here... when it comes, it POURS. I ended up buying a heavy-duty raincoat after ripping holes in my last two cheap ones.

In the last two weeks, Kaohsiung hosted the 2009 World Games. It's a big thing here, and they gentrified the city quite a bit...new street lights, a new arena, free buses, and a new MRT line that opened a few months prior. Having the games here was quiter interesting... kinda gave me a sense of what I'll be missing during the two 2010 Winter Olympic weeks in Vancouver. There were a lot more foreigners here during the Gamnes, so it's nice to actually see non-Asians around, just like back home!

For me, I went and saw three events - the artistic rollerskate (see video from previous post), the ribbon dance (see photos on facebook), and the rugby-seven finals (videos coming up shortly... most comical event EVER....)! It was all really fun.... and these are events you don't usually see since they're not as popular as the events that made it into the Olympics.

In terms of ministry, I've been doing a lot of Sunday School now that my hand is busted and I can't play piano (yet still having the ability to type up blogs....=P). It's really exciting to be part of a church plant where EVERYTHING is new... to the point where you don't even know who's baptized or not.... or how we should define a member of the church.... or who's actually in leadership. It makes you realize how much we take for granted in established chruches where the polices and guidelines are all there.... yet it's realy exciting for me to be a part of all this!

Monica, the daughter of the Korean missionary family, will be leaving Taiwan tomorrow for Korea. Hopefully I'll get to meet up with her and say farewell~ probably won't see her again... =( ... until heaven, that is.
On the other hand, Freda (the one whom I helped with English) passed her graudate exam to go study in Britain! That was really exciting.... and it's so awesome how God answers prayer, especially when her highest mark this time was the speaking component, which was the part she struggled with most! Continue to pray for her.... she'll probably be leaving in September.

.... relationships here are very temporal....
but then I guess everybody sees me as really temporal too

No comments:

Post a Comment