Saturday, July 11, 2009

Another awesome Saturday...

We love Saturdays here... it is our day of rest, from teaching, and from ministry.
A lot of things have happened this last week... please keep the following people in your prayers...


Freda
Freda's a Taiwanese girl that I met last week. I've been helping her prepare for her English exam to get into a grad program in Britain. Although her exam is done with, we still kept in touch and went out for the day on Thursday! It was really fun... she took me around Kaohsiung! We first went to the Dream Mall and watched Ice Age 3, then she took me to Siziwan (a nice dike area with the old British consulate) to watch the sunset! I had my first mango shaved ice there... do check out the pictures on facebook!
Anyways, please keep her in your prayers, as she is not Christian. And my acquaintance with her will probably be a short one, as she will either move to Britain (if she got a good mark on the test) or to a bigger city in Taiwan to work... probably this August. She knows that Ansy and I are Christians, but shows very little interest in it. Pray that she may hear the Gospel clearly, and for seeds to be planted in her heart.

Jason
Jason's a Taiwanese young man who's been attending ORTV (a Bible Study on Wednesday nights) for the past year. He is SOOO close to accepting Christ, except that his mother is quite against it. He's awesome, and has been bringing his friends to the Bible Study too! Right now, we've acquainted him with Luke, our latest Partner on the block... pray that a brotherly bond will form between the two, and that Jason will come to Christ soon! Tomorrow Luke is taking Jason to the Korean Church that he's been going to. Jason's REALLY excited over it, and I'll be tagging along as well!

Nice
Nice is a Taiwanese girl around my age, and also a new Christian who's only been baptized this pass December. She's had quite a history and a rather rough life. Last week she resigned her job, because her boss wanted her to be dishonest with the customers and she refused. Pray that God will lead her to a new job son... and that she will be strong and a good witness to her father too (she doesn't live with her mother).

Thanks guys! And PLEASE keep my job situation in your prayers! PLEASE! Pray that I will get my ARC (Alien Resident Certificate) this week - because I'm planning to either quit the job I'm doing now and find another one, OR hopefully find a p/t job soon... and I need the ARC before people can offically hire me. I've been hunting for p/t jobs in the pass 2 weeks and things have not been working out.

Thanks all! The monthly update will be up soon... I just wanted to get the job situation sorted out before sending news out =) Please comment! And keep in touch!!

5 comments:

  1. yay a new theme! I can't stand that default narrowness. But...the font is huge o.o Oh and the blue at the top is very hard to read....

    Hm...so what did you do this Saturday? XD haha you never actually mentioned it even though its your title!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Alien" Resident Certificate? LOL. Man, they do think you are a foreigner! I mean, how much more foreign can you get than an alien XD Too funny. Miss yout lots.

    I went to Yoie's NTSA competition last night, and bumped into all sorts of people. Amongst the many, I bumped into Edith!!! I should be hanging out with Michelle some time soon. We are probably gonna go bike around the Seawall after she gets off work. I am planning to get Edith out too, cause we've been wanting to meet up for awhile. Only wish you were here! But we will go for some more awesome fun things when you come back, I promise. If you have time for us, that is, and Alan doesn't mind us stealing the girlfriend. LOL.

    Take care :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's awesome reading an update from you, knowing what to pray for you there about and to continue praying for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey iris!

    just something i caught. when you wrote "pass" i think it should be "past". but my english isn't that good =P its great that you are meeting so many new ppl and hanging out with them. even tho i dont have that much to do now i still feel so busy..but i guess ive been lazy too.. resting in my freetime. anyways i'll chat with u another time.

    ReplyDelete