Thursday, July 23, 2009

!!

Aiii... so my last post was rather negative....

I had another interview today with a school. It's a filler position because one of their teacher left before their contract ended... so if I do get this job, it'll be a 14-month contract. But somehow, I don't feel that this job is for me.... it's full time, 30hrs/week, highly demanding, and I won't be able to leave TW until next october, pretty much. I don't know.... I'm doing a teaching demo for them next week... so pray for that..... Again: if it's God's will, let it flow. If it's not God's will, have Him shut the door firmly.

On another note, I've been blessed with two tutoring jobs - both found by my friends here in TW. It's great! Four hours a week in total... so with my 11 hours at Joy, I'm doing 15 hours/week of work... it's tight but enough to pay the bills.

And YES - I'VE BEEN SCOOTERING AROUND! It's SOO awesome, I love it! It's such a blessing to be living wth Ansy, who lets me ride the scooter anywhere...she's such a good roommate =)

Anyways.... I spent the last two days up in DaShe with Rachel (one of my fellow Partners). We watched the Worlds Game for the Artistic Rollerskate event - i'll post up a link for the videos I've filmed once I get the thing edited =) But it was AWESOME.... it was just like figure skating, but on roller skates! And we bought some toys as well while we were waiting... hhahahaah.
It's really awesome - for $120 NT (divide by 30 for CAN$), we were allowed in to watch the training from 9:00am-1:00pm, then the actual competition from 1:00pm-4:30pm, AND the award ceremony afterwards. Such a bargain.... hahah....

And the best part was, I got to hang out with the JOME Team again (stands for Jesus Loves ME - the "O" is actually a heart XD). They're a short-term group from L.A. It's really neat because they have connected with David's church (the missionary that works with the Partners) and come here once a year to hold a 2-week English Camp for kids, followed by a one-week long house visitation. What I found really cool was the relatoinships they've built with the local Taiwanese in the last 3 years. Some of the team members would come back, and the locals are THRILLED because the relationship is still there! And it's great exposure for the team too, because a few of them whol have came back again are seroiusly considering becoming missoinaries in the future... and these are 20-year-old university students! It's really amazing... hmm.... might be something to think about for VCMBC! And this year, the JOME Team visited an orphanage and the orphanage really wants an English Camp for next year summer.... so it'll be cool if another group comes out to TW, asides from JOME (*hint hint)


Ian Ullstrom Update....
Things hasn't been looking good.... the cancer came back when they did at CAT scan two weeks ago. So Ian went through another round of chemo and went home to rest last week. His white blood cell count fell to 500 this week, which makes him really vulnearble to infections (hence more dosage in anti-biotics). Really pray for him and his family.... the next step is to harvest more stem cells so that they doctors can give Ian a HUGE dose of chemo to kill all the cancer cells, then put back the harvested stem cells into his body.
Pray for wisdom for the doctors to know what to do next.

2 comments:

  1. Happy to see your perspective is looking Up now!

    Shouldn't it be written as J<3ME then? hahaha JOME sounds so funny xD

    The scooter looks really fun...but BE CAREFUL!! Pray a quick prayer whenever you set out on it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you need to get a license to scooter?

    ReplyDelete