Monday, June 29, 2009

School Situation

SO I've been in Taiwan for a whole MONTH and my job situation is completely NOT unfolding as I had planned it. I thought I could just come to TW, train for 2 weeks, and then start working. But instead, I've been trained for 1 month now (and only receiving $3000 NT, about $100 CAN), and now, after my demo, my supervisor told me I need to "greatly improve". This is all because I'm teaching at a new branch that's been recently bought by my boss. This branch is very small and in a richer neighbourhood, where parents have great expectations. On top of that, because of the small size of the school, I'm the ONLY foreign teacher there. So that's DOUBLE the pressure on me. And the thing is, I'M NOT BIOLOGICALLY WHITE! Oh... the racism here~ Because I look Chinese, people here doubt my "foreigness". And I'm not the only one either, there's been lots of cases of discrimination against Asian foreigners. Sigh~

Right now, my supervisor is not giving me the promised 14 hours... I'm teaching 9 hours right now. No, it's not enough to keep me alive, so do pray for my finances and for teaching opportunities elsewhere (my school has pretty much told me to get another part-time job). I'm supposed to start tutoring this week, but the parents are still working out their kids' schedule.

It's a huge lesson on trust! And I know that God has been exactly where He wants me to be!... to rely on Him, and to have faith that He will provide. And He's also shown me who's boss of my life, that things don't happen the way I want it to. Hahaa....

Here are some pictures for your enjoyment =)
It's a picnic that we had a few weeks ago hehehe....Here we are on the grass of the Cultural Centre! Isn't it a gorgeous place? On the left is my dear roommate Ansonia, then me, then it's Vicky who's a Taiwanese local, then it's Vivian and Gloria =D =D 4 Canto Partners and one Taiwanese girl =D it was awesome....

Alllllll the teacups and the teapot belong to Ansonia... she is VERY British ^^ hahaa... and i believe that's the cup that i broke yesterday..... but she has TWO! so there's one left.... sigh oh sigh.. clumsy me...

No comments:

Post a Comment