SOOO! I'm ALL MOVED IN!
This is my new address:
Iris Lo
#1-2, Alley 20, Lane 74, Guangdong 2nd Street
Lingya District
Kaohsiung City 80262
Taiwan ROC
It's a very nice house.. and below are pictures!! So help yourself... and I'll post more up on Facebook =D
So I was reading today's devotion from J.I. Packer's book, and the verse was from John 17:15 "5My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one." It's quite interesting, because I've always felt that I've been called out of Vancouver to be in Taiwan, to be "in the world", so to speak. And in the first two weeks, I constantly thought about homne, and how comfortable it is to be surrounded by friends and family... and not to be in this "spiritually dark place" in Taiwan. However, I soom realize that "home" is quite a relative concept. There are some foreigners in TW for over 20 years, and to them, this is now "home". Or what about comfort? I've always had in mind of living in Vancouver for the rest of my life "in comfort", since my church and family are there.
Today at church, our pastor at the New Life Church told us that of the world's most spiritually dark countries, the United States ranked #3. Wow.... it is now a "had been" Christian country. Our pastor encouraged us to be missionaries in North America, to take advantage of the religious freedom, and to work on university campuses where students will have less opposition from their parents to not be Christians (that seems to be one of the biggest reasons why Taiwanese young adults are weary of committing their lives to Christ). From the inside looking in, I realize that although Canada is a free country, it is also a spiritually dark country. Although I'm serving in Taiwan right now, the fact that I'm overseas does not make me more of a missionary compared to all of you who are "at home". In Vancouver, or wherever you are, there are loads of work waiting to be done as well... although we may be surrounded by luxury and comfort, we are still "in the world" and need to be urgent in doing God's work!
This is our kitchen... it's a little small, but adequate =)
My bedroom! i'm so happy with the nice hardwood floors... and the bigger desk for me to do stuff on =D
This is the living room .... Ansy did an AMAZING job at deocrating it.... it's so homey i love it!
This is a picture of a BUNCH of partners eating at our house after church today.... From left to right - Ansy from the UK (my new roommate!), Nice (she's Taiwanese), Carmen from Windsor, Ontario, ME, Rachel from New Zealand, SzeLin (another Taiwanese local!), and LUKE, our newest Partner from the States, but he's Korean!
yay! I can send you a care package now! I was waiting for you to move so I can. =) you'll never guess what it is ahahahha
ReplyDeletepstt. Carmen's from OTTAWA. haha
ReplyDeleteI spotted Linda's card of our "sticker pic" booth photo :D awww you keep us so visible...haha
Ansy did an AWESOME job decorating. I love that photo wall!
Boo now I have to re-address my unsent envelop...XD
haha
ReplyDeletei see that card too!!!
and a bunny on your pillow
hehe
i miss you iris!
oh man! it's an UNSENT envelope eh helen!!? haha.. i sent some stuff home already.. and it took 10 days to arrive. so that'll be how long it'll take for stuff to take.. hee! yes... i kept your pictures close to me... and if u look on one of the pictures (i think it's on facebook?) i brought over the card that linda made for PHIL... hee! love you girls soooo much!
ReplyDeleteWow, what a lovely place you have, Iris. Glad you are slowly adjusting to the life in Taiwan >-< It certainly is not home but where there is love and good friends-its a close second?? Miss U lots...especially when I see Alan all alone...j/k I think Alan looks fine may added more abs or something..hahaa...
ReplyDelete