On the other hand, for some odd reason, we have had an influx of creatures in our apartment. There were ALWAYS mosquitoes and flies that manage to sneak in, and we have a lamp that will attract them and zap them dead when they touch it XD It makes a really loud SNAP! A few days ago, we started finding ANTS in our kitchen! Gosh... we freaked out, tried to kill as many as we can, and wiped EVERYTHING down.... but it's no use, and they're walking all over our cooking wares and utensils! So we've bought some ant poison and put them all over the kitchen. They're in little containers and the ants are supposed to be attracted to them, think that they're food, and bring them back to their nests where it'll kill all the ants. So far we've seen less ants, but we're still rinsing off EVERYTHING in the kitchen before we use it.
And what happens today? There was a GECKO in my room!!!!! arghhhhhh~!!!! I screamed for Ansy and we were both very excited and shouting around, which made the gecko more scared (me more out of panic and Ansy out of excitement and the opportunity to take pictures of a gecko up close). It was climbing near my windows, and I believe it walked in through the a/c. Anyways.... so we opened the window to try to shoo it out, but that only welcomed more mosquitoes into the house. After more failed attempts to get the thing to go out the window, the gecko dropped in fear NEAR MY BED. So I pushed my bed away and Ansy got a container and we cupped it on the floor.... And because of the gecko, we were running late for our Bible Study, therefore Ansy brought the gecko along with us for show and tell before releasing it into "the wild" (I wouldn't call downtown Kaohsiung "wild"... in terms of animal's natural habitats).....
hahahaa..... this is too much excitement for one week....!!
There's the thing in the container.... it's actually pretty big... the size of my finger....AND.... TA-DA!!! My first mail from home! Helen's sooooo sweet! Spent so much money on the mail and everything... but i was SOOO happy XD Thanks Helen!! You're the Best-est!!!!!!!!!
And what's in it??! It's a GIGANTIC photo of Alan and I, a medium size pic of PHIL, and 89 other pictures of my grad, the Tofino trip, and my farewell at the airport... AND LUSH!!! heee...... i love you helen~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow it got there pretty quick! We posted it last Thursday... we were going to pay for surface mail, which is cheaper but would take 6-8 weeks! So I'm glad we picked air mail. BTW, Helen and I shared the postage and I bought you the Lush -- that's the fun facial for two that you can share with Ansy -- remember how you wanted it but didn't have a chance to get it?
ReplyDeleteAnyway, sounds like fun -- I think I would be more like Ansy and take pictures of the gecko -- in your own house!!! That's so cool. haha
Did you read the notes we wrote on the back of 2 of the photos?
It's so interesting; reading this ur fb and email is a bit of this, but there's so much info here haha.
ReplyDeleteThat bug thing reminds me of something u wrote on ur xanga long time ago, where u said you can get help from Charing, 'cause she lives next to u, when there's bugs in ur house haha I think u wrote something like that before.
there are NOTES on the pictures?!?!?!?
ReplyDelete*goes and rummage through the 91 photos*
I would let out my girlish scream if I saw that plop down next to my bed.
ReplyDeletePerhaps you can use the gecko to eat the ants and mosquitoes.
wow I can't believe you didn't notice the writing on the back of the photos...lol
ReplyDelete