Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Stuff so far - and it's only Day 2!!

Hi all!

So it's only Day 2 so far, but it feels like I've been over here for a whole month already!!!! I miss you all SOOOO much it's not even funny... I guess growing up in Vancouver, I've never been out alone ALONE by myself like this, where I'm no longer surrounded by ppl that I've grown up with. Things are different, and I miss home terribly (skyped Alan 4X, family 3X....in one day), but I'm learning to rely on God!

Pray for my ministry here in Taiwan. Like I mentioned before, there are a LOT of different things I can do here... including exploring different churches before settling down into one. But I've been a little impatient with God... I just kinda want to do what I need to do here and run home ASAP. Pray that God will guide me to exactly where He wants me to be.. to the people He wants me to serve and to serve with.

My interview was more like a casual conversation... haha! It was good.... they were excited at the fact that I have experience working with very very young children (age 3-5). Apparently, not a lot of foreign teachers want to work with such young kids... so I'm really looking forward to that! After talking with the manager a bit more over the phone today, I've deicided to take the job! The school is nearby - about 10 minutes by BIKE (as in bicycle, not a scooter)... so I'll probably be borrowing one. I've also borrowed a phone from one of the Partners that left.... it's old-school, but functional and has what I need. I heard that weekly bills for phones here are all under 300 NT (that's like.... $10 Canadian....). Things are REALLY cheap here. $1 CAN = $28 NT. So breakfast/lunch here... can be as cheap as a loonie or toonie.... i just got my bubble tea for $40NT.... XD HAHAHAHAHA....

Thanks all for your constant prayer and support! I've had better sleep yesterday. I've also attended one of the Bible Study group with one of their bilingual church and it was really encouraging. When you're in a foreign place without your friends and family around, God is the only one that has not change and will never change....

Love you all!

13 comments:

  1. Iris, I'm so happy to see an update from you. I'm always praying for you, and I'm happy to pray for you =D

    I'm curious, was ur interview in Mandarin or English? haha

    Of course God won't change. That's what we've read about in the Bible. The most encouraging thing is God is with you and He will never leave you. And we are all here praying for you, Iris. Love you so much....

    So, were the food good? Besides everything is cheap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it's so good to read about the interview. Isn't it amazing that God takes what he's given you here in Vancouver -- working with young children -- and use it all the way across the other side of the world? God's been preparing you and most of the time we don't even know it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. remember to bring back some FOOD!!! xD lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job Iris!

    I also definitely know how you feel about missing home and it feels like you've been there for a long time already, but in the end, the feeling disappears. As for the impatience, I know we all go through that at times. Just remember that God is good, He has His perfect timing for everything. This is not our work, but His. We are ust invited to partake in His amazing and wonderful work.

    Anyways, look forward to reading more posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there Iris >-< We miss You too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yah, whenever i read your posts or think of taiwan I think of food....

    let's set up our webcamming time! I have stuff to shaaare! God provides! He's so awesome! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. yes iris, I agree with Helen
    please bring us back lots of non perishabe food LOL

    Glad things are going well
    when are you going to skyp PHIL???
    jeaalous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh yah! I forgot to ask, are you going to get a SCOOTER?

    ReplyDelete
  9. You're getting a scooter? waay cool!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'd go for the scooter!.... Hang in there MUI!... by the time your ministery in taiwan is fulfilled you'll be looking at the calender and it'll be time to come home!... so dun think that the time is going SO S.L.O.W...cuz the more u think about it...the more you'll GO CRAZY! and yea that and you'll stress urself out too much...

    Just think!
    "I'm very blessed to be in taiwan to spread the wonders of Gods word! and inspire those I speak to...and I'm VERY thankful for those back in vancouver to pray and support me on this journey...." cuz really even though we're not there PHYSICALLY w/ u we're there w/ U SPIRITUALLY!!!!

    MISS U MUI!!!! ADD OIL!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Add oil Iris...I'll keep you in my prayer =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wopz...the previous message is from me (Jackie Leung) I didn't know how to use the posting comment thingy....hahaha

    ReplyDelete