Right now I'm in Kenting on a three-day retreat with the Bread of Life Church (comprised of mostly foreign teachers). I've just arrived and am very tired... the bus ride from Kaohsiung to here is only 2 hours long!
In the last two days I haven't been doing much.... I've been meeting new people everyday. Yesterday was Dragon Boat Festival but it was raining so we didn't go out much... just hung around in the apartment and I took naps XD Met with some of the people that night from the Bread of Life Church and we played Apples to Apples and Scrabble!!
Ohhh... I don't think I've posted about ORTV - it's a Bible Study for seekers and those who want to improve their English. It's a great evangelical tool that I'm open to be a part of. They meet every Wednesday and go through a very brief section of the Bible and some questions. This Wednesday was special because we had two guys from the States over for a short-term mission trip. They're young guys too - about my age!
After some worship songs and a game, we broke off into small groups of Bible studies. I decided to go with Gloria (the other new Partner) to the Bible Story group. We read about how Jesus was a good Shepherd. Honestly, the story was very simple, but people were touched by it. One of the girls (around her late teens?) became more interested in this loving Jesus who would leave the 99 sheep behind to find the one lost sheep. There was another guy who shared how his sister always nag him to go to church and he's always been reluctant until now. Praise the Lord! He is indeed working among the Taiwanese people!
Oh I'll post some pictures up too XD Hahaha....
This is congee that I made with a rice cooker... I don't think they've ever used it in the last 3 years living there.... and I ate it with the salmon canned fish that Alan's mom got me =)

This is a picture of a bunch of us after the Bible Study... we went to teh Night Market! =D On the far left is Kim, she's from Colorado and is my roommate. Beside her is Gloria from Chicago... she's only been in Kaohsiung for 2 weeks! The rest are Taiwanese people from the Bible Study... some are Christians, some are not.

Can you read this? Hahaha.... this is supposed to be a special delicacy in Taiwan. They're sealed up fish ovaries! Heard that i's really good with fried rice.

Le Sportsac knock-offs that my roomate (Deborah) and I find halirious.

Picture after Taco Night at Leanne's house on Thursday night. =P On the left is Esther, middle Gloria =)

I found your apartment on Google Map! XD
ReplyDeleteWhy would you make food when everything is so cheap anyways o.o hahaha
i was just thinking the same\why make plain congee when food is so cheap there
ReplyDeletefunny iris
knock of la sportsac LOL..."ling en"
well even though food is cheap....HOMECOOKIN is USUALLY the BEST! =)...but I mean PLAIN congee??? did u atleast put soy sauce in it or something? =) hee
ReplyDeleteAhh.... I'm actually a little scared to use the stuff at home... Even Kim's not sure how long the stuff's been there...
ReplyDeleteAnd the reason why i've been wanting home-cooked food is b/c i've went out SOOO much before i left vancouver and am very very sick of eating outside food. i needed something "qing"....
keke you are surrounded by familiar names: esther, gloria, and vivien!! haha.
ReplyDeleteI don't get it.. why are people against congee!! it's so qing and it tastes so good. I mean i would eat plain congee too if i eat out too much! I support you sis!! but hmmm canned salmon that's not that qing!! well maybe if you add some boiled veggies... yah why aren't you eating veggies! hey girl eat your veggies servings!!!!
anyways... dim ah? went on skype today i saw you log on but couldn't talk to you, forced myself not to cuz i was rushing my paper haha submitted it 4 mins before the deadline! *phew* wiped my sweat away....
well update us whenever you can! and we'll keep you in our prayers!!
hope you are sleeping better these days! - from koyuki
Are the locals friendly?
ReplyDeleteI was wondering, how's the weather like? Are you getting used to the weather/climate?
ReplyDeleteWow! God's really moving in the people who attend your study. I'm so glad that changes are being made in the lives of those who don't know God. it's so good to hear!
ReplyDeleteMmmmm Gummy Bears!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you're having a great time!
Guummmyy Beeaarrss!!