Monday, May 25, 2009

In TAIWAN!!!


<--- Picture before I left through the gate all alone..... =(











(above) This is me on the flight to Kaohsiung - in business class! it was so comfy XD









<-- lots of airplane food.... 3 meals of them... but Cathay gave cup noodles! Hi all!! So after a dreadful 12 hour flight to HK and another 1 hour to Taiwan, I finally arrived last night at 11pm in Kaoshiung!!! I received a very warm welcome here from the two girls in my apartment (YunYun and Kim), and the other two girls (also Partners with OMF) who lives just down the street from us (Vivien and Gloria). They prepared my bed already... and also a card! Things were a little lonely here for the first night... the heat was tremendous, and it's hard to fall asleep since all I did for the whole day before was sit on the plane...^^"
What really welcomed me was this verse on one of the cards in my room - Joshua 1:9.
It says, "Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."
It gave a lot of peace in my heart... and that was also the verse at the bottom of the page of my journal that I was writing in! Isn't the Lord amazing? He is unchanging and oh so loving, despite all circumstances and in all environments!

My apartment is actually REALLY big. I thought it'll be small and crampy, like Hong Kong, but it's more like Thailand here. I'll post some pictures up for you guys to have a look... but to start, my bedroom here is around the same size as my room in Vancouver. And, believe it or not, my bed here is bigger than the one in Vancouver too... =D Haha.... God really amazes me....

Oh yes, I'm 15 hours ahead over here in Taiwan. So you can do the math. I'm on Skype (user name: piggy_muffin), and feel free to email me at iriswtlo@gmail.com

And here's my address!! PLEASEEEEEE write me! I'm in desperate needs of letters... and pictures! Please send me photos! Of the farewell parties.... grad pictures.... I'll love them all and want to post them onto my wall! (...didn't have time to print out any pictures of the past month...). It'll cost you $1.65 to send a letter to me....

4F-2, 127-6 Guangjhou 1st Street
Lingya District
Kaohsiung City 80265
Taiwan ROC

Love you all!
OH!!!! And praise the Lord - I have a job interview today at 1pm - so please keep me in your prayers! =D

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad you feel welcomed at Taiwan. I'm praying for you :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks a lot Sally! and i got your email about my graduation too! you're so sweet and caring. thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Iris, really good to see you settling well over there. Yes, isn't our God great and He never ceases to amaze us. Let us know how your interview went OK?? take care >-<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, Iris, I want to know how your interview went. I was trying to do my math last night and find out when your interview is, so I know if I can continue praying for your interview.
    When ppl tell me the exact date of their exams, I get to pray for them until that time =D which I like to do that

    ReplyDelete
  5. hey mui!....did u settle in well? how was ur interview? hope it went well.... Pray that God will keep u safe and bless you wherever you go...!

    ReplyDelete