Aww...looks like you'll be alright ^__^....aww ur not gonna b here for my 23rd =(...oh well! for sure we'll party it up on my 24th!!!!! hope all is well in Taiwan!!!!
HEY IRIS YES IM FIRST TO COMMENT (this is larissa btw) sorry i didnt have a chance to see you off, but i heard that it was a very emotional experience. HAVE FUN IN TAIWAN. I hope you have some good stories to share when you get back and I hope you will come back with super fluent mandarin skills, is everything written in traditional? i think it should be? but i guess thats a good thing?
have lots of fun this summer, and i think your apartment is really big.
thanks guys for the comments! i feel so loved.... pls write me!!! yes lar, it was quite a teary time at the airport, oh my oh my. the poor boyfriend i left over there is slightly distraught! >.< hahah! yes, the apartment is HUGE! and they do use traditional characters here =) by the way to all - feel free to send my link to the other friends that i didn't manage to send to yet XD thanks!
Wow that bathroom reminds me of hk...brings back so many memories. Did you bring your LUSH? hahaha there are lots of Lush stores in Taiwan! www.lush.com.tw/shop_list.asp#map01
Hey Iris! Reminds me of an apartment in China! =) Looks like you're nice and safe. I'm glad nothing funny happened on the flight over. Thanks for posting all the pictures!
HI IRIS!!!!! i'm glad you made it safely =) but wow, you're apartment IS massive make sure you're clothes don't get stolen when you dry them hehe any funny stories yet?
I was born in Hong Kong, and moved to Vancouver when I was 5, where I stayed all my life! Now I'm with OMF as a Partner in Taiwan, teaching English as a second language and helping out at a church plant.
It's funny because I've never considered myself "from Hong Kong" until I got to Taiwan, where people would pick up on my Cantonese accent when I speak Mandarin XD And then they'll be curious as to why I speak perfect English when I look Chinese.
I think I'm at an identity crisis... my level of "Chinese-ness" and "Canadian-ness" shifts depending on the situation and who I'm with. But all in all, I'm a citizen of the Kingdom of God!
Aww...looks like you'll be alright ^__^....aww ur not gonna b here for my 23rd =(...oh well! for sure we'll party it up on my 24th!!!!! hope all is well in Taiwan!!!!
ReplyDeleteHEY IRIS
ReplyDeleteYES IM FIRST TO COMMENT (this is larissa btw)
sorry i didnt have a chance to see you off, but i heard that it was a very emotional experience.
HAVE FUN IN TAIWAN.
I hope you have some good stories to share when you get back and I hope you will come back with super fluent mandarin skills, is everything written in traditional? i think it should be? but i guess thats a good thing?
have lots of fun this summer, and i think your apartment is really big.
lol nevermind i was second after i wrote it.
ReplyDeleteNo pictures of air-con? That's like super important!
ReplyDeleteI can't wait unti it starts flooding over there, lol. I'm jjjjjust kidding!
Take care, and stay safe!
- Joanas
thanks guys for the comments! i feel so loved.... pls write me!!! yes lar, it was quite a teary time at the airport, oh my oh my. the poor boyfriend i left over there is slightly distraught! >.< hahah! yes, the apartment is HUGE! and they do use traditional characters here =)
ReplyDeleteby the way to all - feel free to send my link to the other friends that i didn't manage to send to yet XD thanks!
haha jonie.. i think i saw an AC in her bedroom in one of the other pictures..
ReplyDeletemissed you today iris! take care over there, and we're all so proud of you!
ps. waiting for all your funny stories to start coming ^^
Hiiii Iris!
ReplyDeleteWow that bathroom reminds me of hk...brings back so many memories. Did you bring your LUSH? hahaha there are lots of Lush stores in Taiwan!
www.lush.com.tw/shop_list.asp#map01
Most importantly, how is the AC in the apartment Iris? ;)
ReplyDeleteHey Iris! Reminds me of an apartment in China! =) Looks like you're nice and safe. I'm glad nothing funny happened on the flight over. Thanks for posting all the pictures!
ReplyDeleteHey hey! When you're bored... check out this personality test: http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/dis_sample_36.asp
ReplyDeleteGet Alan to take it too! It's quite helpful. I'm doing this with Maureen for our mentoring sessions.
Be sure to post how your interview went!
HI IRIS!!!!!
ReplyDeletei'm glad you made it safely =)
but wow, you're apartment IS massive
make sure you're clothes don't get stolen when you dry them hehe
any funny stories yet?