After two months of thinking about it, I finally ended up in Hong Kong for Christmas! My mom had always told me how beautiful Hong Kong is during the Christmas time, and how the lights in Vancouver is not even comparable! And since Christmas is not really celebrated in Kaohsiung, I decided to come and take a look (ticket's only 5700NT... that's like, what, not even $200CAN? haha...)
I boarded the plane today, and my luggage was a whopping 19.1 kg! I was quite surprised. But in defense of any accusations of me over-packing, half the luggage was full of Taiwanese snacks for my dear Hong Kong relatives... and also a bunch of stuff for Canadians friends back home. It was kind of strange to hear people talking Cantonese around me while I was waiting for the plane. In a way, I felt kind of embarrassed. And then I realized that I was often embarrassed by people speaking Cantonese in public back in Vancouver because it seemed rude to not speak English instead. Haha... so I was conditioned from a young age that speaking Cantonese in public is bad. I ended up having to tell myself to purely speak in Cantonese after I left the arrival gate, and to think in Cantonese instead of English :)
I'm excited to meet all the relatives and friends here in Hong Kong! Most of my relatives here are not Christians, so please pray for me... that God may use me during this Christmas season here in Hong Kong. And also for the Holy Spirit to speak through me, especially since I cannot express myself as good in Cantonese!
God bless you all! And have a very Merry Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hm, I didn't get what you were saying. I read it two times, to see if I would get it the second time, but I still didn't get it. I don't get why you feel embarassed by ppl speaking Cantonese in publlic. Speaking Cantonese in public is bad?
ReplyDeleteI speak the perfect combo for ChingEnglish in Hong Kong.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas my darling!
ReplyDelete