Today must be THE happiest day so far (more yet to come!) of my days in Taiwan!
First off, Grace has arrived in Kaohsiung this morning! She's also here as an OMF Partner, teaching English and being a part-time missionary =D! It's soooo good to know somebody from back home, and really helped me realize that this whole Taiwan thing is real and not just a dream.
Please pray that she'll settle in smoothly and quickly. Pray that God will provide a job for her, and that He'll guide Grace to the ministries that He wants her to be in!
On a side note.... I've received a lot of notes and care packages from back home (through Grace...). Thanks for your thoughts! I was preparing for Bible Study two days ago and I came across a very applicable verse. This is what Paul said when he received the gift from the Philippians:
"10I rejoice greatly in the Lord that at last you have renewed your concern for me. Indeed, you have been concerned, but you had no opportunity to show it. 11I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. 12I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. 13I can do everything through him who gives me strength. "
And PRAISE THE LORD!!!! Our Taiwanese friend, Jason, has committed himself to Christ tonight!!! I've mentioned Jason a few times in my blog, and I must thank you all for your prayers for him! It's truly wonderful to have partners in prayers around the world.
Well, Jason had always been wanting to commit his life to Jesus, but could not give up the cost of being a filial son, since his mother is very against him accepting the faith. But last Sunday, we had a sermon on the cost of being a disciple and he was greatly convicted. He decided that he will commit himself to Christ when Pastor Mike comes back from his home-assignment in January. However, God would not let him go and has been convicting him in the last three days that his relationship with Him is not based on another human, but between him and God! So today, he sought out Pastor Ken (the interim pastor) and declared his desire to become a disciple of Christ!!
Praise the Lord!
It is SUCH a blessing to be a witness of this joyful event! Let us all rejoice in the Lord for this happy day, and to continue to pray for Jason as he begins in this new step of faith!
"And when he finds it [the lost sheep], he joyfully puts it on his shoulders 6and goes home. Then he calls his friends and neighbors together and says, 'Rejoice with me; I have found my lost sheep.'"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

It's cool to see another person coming to Christ, i'll definitely pray for him!
ReplyDeleteNow that Grace is here, you can have a lot to talk about, and someone to speak to!