Sunday, January 24, 2010

i hate thinking up blog titles...

I seriously don't know what to call blog titles except "Updates" XD

Anyways...

It's been almost a month since I've been back to Hong Kong! It seemed like a whirlwind, but to be honest, I was quite grateful and happy to be back. The people are so much nicer here, so much friendlier, whereas in Hong Kong people tend to talk to each other in a very tough-rough attitude. That's one thing I have not learned to NOT take personally in Hong Kong. Also, it's good to be back knowing that God watns me here. There's just this overwhelming sense of peace when I landed in Taiwan... and seeing how much my roommate had missed me really helped too!

I've been trying to get to know my co-workers a bit more. I gave one of my co-worker a Bible that I bought from Hong Kong. She's stopped going to small group with me after attending twice... I think it's really hard for her go there from 10:00pm-12:00am after a full 8-hour day of work. I've been telling her a bit more about the Bible, and how it was canonized and compiled. I'm praying that her interest in the Bible will continue to grow, so that eventually, I can just meet up with her one-on-one to talk about the Bible.

Another girl that I have befriended in the last few months is a gal named Ling. She'll be graduating soon and planning to leave for America for good in May. Time is short... she doesn't know Jesus yet but is quite open to it. But although she's verbally shown interest in attending our Sunday service, something always comes up and prevents her from coming. Pray that all of life distractions will be removed, so that she can go to church.

The New Life Church is going really well. Our pastor has returned and there is really new life at the church XD haha. I am now organizing the praise and worship with a fellow OMF Partner, Luke. We're planning to have a workshop//meeting this Saturday to talk about what worship is, and the foundations of church worship. Pray that it will be a God-led meeting, where God will knit our hearts together. Pray that those who are involved will use their talents willingly for God's glory!

And finally - Alan is coming in two weeks time!
I'm really excited for it... it'll be a time where he will see what I have been doing in Taiwan. Pray that God will speak to us during this time in terms of ministry... and for our future as well.
Since we have a week off for Chinese New Year, a group of OMF Partners and I have the idea of renting two vans and going on a round-tour of Taiwan - traveling up the east coast to Taipei, and then back down to Kaohsiung again on the west coast. Through a spark of inspiration, we're looking into making the latter part of the trip a short-term missions trip. We've been contacting some churches along the west coast and seeing whether they have any facilities for us to invite people to an evangelical program. We're not sure how this will all unfold, or even look like, but God seems to be guiding us step-by-step. Pray that God will continue to guide us, to give peace in our hearts, and to have Him prepare our hearts (there will probably be 10-15 of us going). Also, please pray that God will provide... and we know He will, as He has continuously been faithful to us!

3 comments:

  1. I'm always glad to hear that you are doing well and enjoying it over in Taiwan. miss you <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't you tour all of Taiwan in like, one day? XD like drive from "coast to coast"

    When are you coming home????

    ReplyDelete