Saturday, March 20, 2010

When I'm coming home

Many people have started to ask when I would be coming home to Vancouver. I now have a more definite answer for you all! I'm planning to return at the end of July. My contract with my school ends at the end of June, but I would like some time to wrap up, pack up, and say goodbye to the people here before I leave. Plus, there's an issue with tax return, where I have to stay until the end of July to claim my taxes back. So it seems like God wants me here until then~

I was wondering what I could do during that one-month of unemployment. But before I could ask my fellow OMF Partners to pray for me, God answered my prayer! David Ullstrom, our OMF missionary/overseer, told us about a short-term team from LA that will be coming in July. This team has ran the program JOME (Jesus <3 ME) in the last three summers, where they host a children English camp. However, this year, they'll be sending a smaller group over and will be hosting a children Alpha group instead. The timing is perfect, because I am even able to go up to Taipei for training with them and for debriefing afterward, before heading back to Canada! To top it off, there are two other OMF Partners who are wrapping up with school at the same time and are also considering helping out with this team for the month of July. God is good :)

On another note, I've been accepted at the Trinity Western University's Masters of Counselling Program! :D God is soooo good! My dear roommate has been a doll in letting me interview her for my "practicum" part of the interview, and other partners have also given me ideas on what I could write about for the admissions essay, as well as people back home who have been praying and editing for me! I was actually invited to an in-person interview in February. When I read the email and found out the news, I was in the middle of the missions trip and my interview was scheduled in two hours time! It was unreal, as I quickly skyped the admissions office and told them of the situation. With God's grace, we re-scheduled our interview for the following week through skype. I honestly think I did quite poorly on my interview, and I felt very incompetent. But God is good! And two days later I received an official acceptance email from them! :D

Praise the Lord~!

1 comment: